What do you do when you are trying to write an article and the words just won’t come together?
Bake, experiment with food – hopefully this will kick my brain into gear.
- Brinjal (eggplant) recipe first and a plan for some over-salted salami, both of these experimental. Only time will tell how they will turn out.
- Top up the hop yeast plant (Beryl) to make a ‘sponge’ to rise a dough for the bread making class here tomorrow.
- Labna – to top some blinis we will make, along with some lovely smoked salmon and semi-dried tomatoes, these last prepared by Hester the heater’s oven.
- Strain off the medlar liqueur that has been steeping for the past year.
- Chicken carcass from last night’s roast put on to simmer for stock.
- Finally, a lemon yoghurt cake, this one just in time for a grandson to arrive and eat two large chunks with ice cream. Fantastic!
Incidentally (and totally unrelated), last weekend I was able to attend a two day workshop for level 1 of Auslan. Highly recommend it.